Sunday, February 21, 2021

Chocolate cinnamon brownie with chocolate ganache

 I have a sweet tooth, and when my grandkids
visit it's indulgence for me. I console myself afterall it's not everyday that I give into temptation. I am usually very health conscious
.
I love the kids helping me in the kitchen, it's good that they are learning young.

Sharing my daughter's recipe of brownie which are quick and simple to bake.

Ingredients:
  •  2 cups cake flour
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  •  200gms butter
  • 3/4 cup cocoa powder ( not drinking chocolate)
  • 3 large eggs ( can skip eggs)
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • 1 slab dark chocolate (grated)
  • 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon Powder
  •  1 cup whipping cream for ganache.
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda.
  • 1/2 tsp salt
Method:
  • In a large bowl cream butter and sugar, 
  • When fluffy Start adding one egg at a time, continue creaming with a laddle or hand blender
  • Add vanilla essence.
  • In a sieve add flour,baking powder and soda and 1/2 tsp salt , cinnamon Powder and sift , slowly using the cut and fold method ( this is to ensure that the brownie batter remains fluffy and light
  • Pour into greased mould and bake in a preheated oven at 180deg for 30minutes or till your testing knife comes out clean.
  • Cool and remove on a wire rack. 
For the ganache glazed chocolate frosting:
  • Grate a slab of dark chocolate or chop very fine
  • Pour whipping cream in a saucepan and bring it to simmer.
  • Now pour the simmering cream over finely chopped or grated chocolate and let it melt and pour over your brownie.
  • Do not boil cream
  • Chop or grate chocolate
  • Avoid stirring
  • Pour over brownie when all chocolate is melted into the cream.

I will update very soon with some pictures of step by step baking.

Meanwhile give it a try ,you will like it and the kids will feel proud they helped make it.










1 comment:

  1. I look forward to eating this yummy brownies as soon as they are out of the oven

    ReplyDelete

plum cake

Ingredients: - 1 cup (225g) all-purpose flour - 1 tsp baking powder - 1/2 tsp baking soda - 1/2 tsp salt - 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon - 1/4 tsp...