Tuesday, September 7, 2021

My collection of poems




_I stand in front of the mirror_

_Above which hangs a picture of mine. I smile._

_That youthful face smiles back at  me and says, "It's been a while."_

_With a remorse I look up, my skin so parched,_

_'My face so sombre._ _But the twinkle in that eye says,_ _"Brighten up! You can look youthful again."_

_But I look at at the now vacant eyes in the mirror..._

_These old eyes have seen life lived,  three score years and ten._

_The corner of my mouth droops, yet I smile._

_The smile is so empty._

_I look longingly at the myriad imagined faces in the mirror._

_Each face a reflection of what I had once been,_

_Each face trying to say something._

_I looked aghast at those faces of the good yesteryears. What happened?_

_There I spot behind a rugged tree my three year old face._

_Such innocence I see in those gleaming eyes._

_And yes, I could not forget that five year old face, it was so pale and distraught._

_I smiled to myself; I could remember that was my first day at  school._

_A seven-year old face peeping through the curtains,_

_And now a 12 year old face eagerly looking up,_

_And soon so many faces started dancing before my eyes,_

_So full of stories I had lived._

_And now I am grey and weary, my duties all done._

_My child has flown to build a nest of her own;_

_I hear her li'l ones chirping, 'tis music to my ears._

_I have no regrets, life gave me so much._

_I thank the Lord above for holding my hand and keeping me safe,_

_Above deep troubled waters and scorching desert sands._

_The face in the picture reminds of the lessons life taught_

_That made me rich and truly blessed._

_I smile back and say, "Thank you. You made my day!"_


Indira Bhan

04/08/21

1 comment:

plum cake

Ingredients: - 1 cup (225g) all-purpose flour - 1 tsp baking powder - 1/2 tsp baking soda - 1/2 tsp salt - 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon - 1/4 tsp...